Harry Potter reshoot ‘proves costly’
Warner Bros bosses are reportedly unhappy with the cost involved in reshooting scenes for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two.
Several members of the cast, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, recently confirmed that they had to film epilogue scenes again. The King’s Cross station scenes were shot on location earlier this year, but will be re-shot at the Leavesden set this month.
The Sun reports that the decision was made due to how much the cast had been aged in the scenes wherein they appear 19 years older.
“The cast and crew had a private giggle that the film has become ‘Harry Potter and The Costly Hallows’,” a source said. “They had all said an emotional goodbye to the filming they loved, so it was good news for them as they heard they had to come back.
“Their bosses haven’t been laughing, though. They had to recreate King’s Cross at Leavesden, which has been a huge expense.”
They added: “The professional term for the re-shoots is ‘pick-ups’ but everyone knows it’s a bit more serious than that. It will be extremely costly.”
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two will be released on July 15 next year.
Source: Digital Spy