By EA GAMES
There are eight Harry Potter video games which correspond with the films and books. The games are produced by Electronic Arts, with the game version of the first entry in the series, Philosopher’s Stone, being released in November 2001. The video games are released to coincide with the films, containing scenery and details from the films as well as the tone and spirit of the books. Objectives usually occur in and around Hogwarts, along with various other magical areas. The story and design of the games follows the selected film’s characterisation and plot; EA worked closely with Warner Brothers to include scenes from the films. The last game in the series, Deathly Hallows, was split with Part I released in November 2010 and Part II debuting on consoles in July 2011. The two-part game forms the first entry to convey an intense theme of action and violence, with the gameplay revolving around a third-person shooter style format. A number of other non-EA Harry Potter games have been released, including DVD and board games such as Cluedo: Harry Potter Edition, Scene It? Harry Potter and Lego Harry Potter which are influenced by the themes of both the novels and films.
- Based on the novel, you play as Harry Potter
- Sneak, climb and jump as you explore 3D environments
- Play fast-paced arcade style Quidditch or battle evil creatures
- Interact with over 20 characters from the novel
- For 1 player
Chamber of Secrets
- Explore rich environments from the colorful Burrow to the dark reaches of the Forbidden Forest.
- Master new spells including Expeliarmus, Diffendo, and Skurge.
- Overcome dangerous foes from Aragog to the Basilisk.
- Take flight to play improved Quidditch.
- Interact with new characters from J.K. Rowling’s world, including Dobby, Lockhart, and Ginny Weasley.
Prisoner of Azkaban
- Play as Harry, Ron and Hermione, switching from one player to the next
- Face opponents such as Sirius Black and the Dementors
- Unravel the mystery behind the wizard prison
- Exciting sub quests
- For 1 or 2 players
Goblet of Fire
- Co-operative play for up to 3 players
- Adventure game based on the visual elements of the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire film
- Game features Harry, Ron, and Hermione as playable characters
- All-new spell-casting system allows multiple players to combine spells
- Confront a fire-breathing dragon, rescue friends from the icy waters, and navigate a vast, dangerous maze
Quidditch World Cup
- Action sports game featuring Harry Potter fantasy world
- Fly your broom to victory
- Play as any one of four Hogwarts houses and numerous characters from the books
- Play all the Quidditch positions and execute all the high-flying moves
- For 1 or 2 players