Some Ordinary Fan by magical1
Summary:

Daniel has invited his long time fan to write his biography for his upcoming book. But instead of asking a writer to write it for him. He got his favorite fan. Though they didn't know each other things were going to get mighty complicated and put Dan to the test.


Categories: Daniel Radcliffe Characters: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2682 Read: 2053 Published: 12/06/2022 Updated: 01/18/2023
Story Notes:

Some Ordinary Fan is my version of something I've been wanting to write. Though I don't know Dan personally. This is just a figment of my imagination and not in any way relating to the real Dan himself.    

1. Chapter 1 by magical1

2. Chapter 2 by magical1

Chapter 1 by magical1
Author's Notes:

This chapter is featured in the present. 

My hands were shaking and his voice was stern. He was calling my name and I wasn’t responding. Dan shook me and I looked into his eyes hiding my face. The tears flowing down my face were from shock. We never fought and we didn’t even really know each other, but he was yelling and it frightened me. That vein popping in his forehead. I knew when I saw that he wasn’t playing around anymore. I had no idea what I had done to make him feel hatred toward me. So I stood silent and blinked away tears silently.

Calmly he held me at arms length and as I listened his voice became calm. “I’m not mad at you, okay, darling.”

I cowered down on my knees and looked up at him. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to laugh. It’s just that you told me to be myself and I was. I’m not an actor like you. I don’t know how to act. Who wrote this script anyways?”

Dan shrugged not knowing who wrote it. “No clue. Okay.”

My throat was parched and it wasn’t the first time. We ran lines together. Usually he had his girlfriend. But I wasn’t anyone particularly special. I didn’t know the process and I was learning as we went.

My name is Marcie and I am just an ordinary fan. Dan trusted me and he had called me to write his book because I wasn’t some nasty journalist. Someone who would write lies about him. I was just a person without a life and he knew I was truthful. Least I tried to be.

He took his diet coke and took a drink looking at me. Dan took things seriously and I was here to be someone he could use for whatever he needed me for. I got up smiled and walked forward. “We could start over. I promise to be better Dan.”

Dan came back to where he stood before in his living room and slapped me. I held my face in shock that he had actually done that. “You laugh again. It will be twice as hard.”

My knees were trembling. Dan was never this mean. Something had him ticked off. He was usually nicer than this. “Do you miss her? Is it because of me?”

He looked at me and I didn’t know that he was hurting. I saw him cry and I held him. “Don’t cry.”

Dan quickly wiped his eyes and pulled away.. “It's not you. It's me.”

“When I offered you this book deal I knew what I was getting into. You’ve written everything with your heart. It's what I wanted as a biography. But when we are apart like now. It's not fun. You know during the pandemic I wondered if we would ever be together then we were and I felt happy.” Dan took a seat and I sat with him.

I took his hand. “You’ll be happy again and she will be back, Dan.”

Dan smiled and nodded. “Yeah I know.”

I liked the nice Dan. He was happy and so relaxed. It made me happy when he was. For some reason we had some kind of weird relationship. So you want to know how this all started. I’ll tell you my story.

Chapter 2 by magical1
Author's Notes:
Yes I am using my real name on this. Why? It gets really hard to figure out what name or character I am going to write with so I am using my own name.
It was late summer 2022 and I was home just doing the usual talking to my husband about what was going on for all the websites I had been working on. I was giggling as he tickled my sides then I got this weird email. Like I had always gotten weird emails from fans for the last 20 years. So this one looked fake. I took one look and laughed. So just to get back at this person I wrote back sarcastically.

Dear Dan,

Hmm, your proposal let me think about it…. Are you sure you don’t want someone that is professional? I mean I could write it, sure no problem.

Listen, If you want me to write your book. What’s my compensation? Airfare, room and board at your place. Sounds good to me. What about you? Cause that’s what it will take. In order for me to know who you are personally we need to become close. We can be friends for a few days as I write you a masterpiece. If you agree to that. You can call it a deal.

Sincerely,
Marcie Lucas

I sent it. Like usual I didn’t think anything of it. He was nice to me once upon a time. Hell he didn’t even know who I was and he still signed for me. That’s just who he was.

The real Dan would kill me. I know he would, but since this was who knows who I didn’t care. Why would a celebrity ask me to write his biography? He could pay anyone to write it. Hell he could hire a group of writers. He didn’t need me.

A reply came in quickly and I read it.

Dear Marcie,

Deal, you're on. Send me your details so I can send you airfare.

Sincerely,
Daniel Radcliffe

I choked and my fingers trembled as I replied to the email.

“Who is this and are you playing with me? Prove who you say you are. Call me.”

And so I gave him my personal number and a few minutes later. My cell phone rang. The number was a restricted number and the name Dan on caller Id.

I answered and when he answered I almost dropped the phone. “Hello Marcie.”

I could hardly speak as my voice sounded weird. “Dan?”

“Yes dear, it's me. Listen, give me your info cause we need to do this now.” Dan said in his British accent.

“Okay just tell me what you need and I’ll send you the info.” I was serious now that I had heard his voice. It wasn’t a joke, this was real.

I wrote down everything he needed and when I sent the email back. He was happy with it. “See you in a couple of weeks.”

My jaw hit the floor, I was going to spend time with a man I hardly knew. He was kind and I loved him for the man he was. But I kept thinking why? Why me of all people. I always asked that every time something good happened. My friends would say because I deserved it. Though I never really felt I deserved anything to be honest.

The next few weeks seemed to fly and I was packing my bags and heading to the airport. Dan had written that a car would pick me up and bring me to his place. I had never left the state, not this far at least. New York was a big place and I knew this was not a dream anymore.

The flight was at least 6 hours from Los Angeles to New York. I had never been on a flight that long before. So butterflies filled my stomach and then it was just a waiting game. When I got my luggage I traveled to the exit where people were waiting for their clients. I was no client, just a person. So when I saw my name on a piece of cardboard. I walked over to the man and followed. I pulled my luggage and the man put it into the car. I got into the car and inside a man was there. I kindly whispered a Hello but I doubt he heard me at all. He was on his cell talking and looking at me. “She’s here and we’re on our way.”

I gathered that it must have been Dan that he was talking to so I stayed quiet on the ride over. I was looking at all the sights and smiled just taking it all in. Never in my life had I seen such beauty. What I imagined all my life was nothing compared to what I see now. I was just paying attention to things, not really looking where I was going, just looking at the sights. It wasn’t long until we got there and stopped by a big building. They opened the back and I took out my luggage. As I followed the man he was very tall and I had no idea what his name even was so I just did as I was told and followed him. The lobby was quiet and they looked all serious cause it was security you know. So as he got in the elevator I pulled my luggage in with me.

As we waited while we reached his floor. I just looked at the numbers counting down to whatever floor we were going to. It came to a stop and we got out. He was walking down the hall and there wasn’t any noise or anything. I walked and there was a knock. The door opened and there he was right in my face…. Daniel Radcliffe.

I didn’t know what to say. I was mortified. Here I was dreaming of this man and he was right in front of my face mumbling something to me and I was clearly unresponsive. All of a sudden I responded and woke up. “Hi.”

He noticed that I was now speaking. “Well she’s alive at last. Come in.”

I walked in and just paused like a zombie. Cause yeah I was in zombie mode. He seemed so nice and chatty and I was just nodding when he showed me my room. I was in awe.

It was spacious and looked rather good for a guest room. I laid my luggage without bothering to do anything. When he brought in the new laptop I would be using for my writing he set it down on the desk. I took a look at it and was happy with it, but what I realized right away it was a mac and I was a pc girl. I looked at him.

“Is that not what you use?” He knew right away something was wrong.

I smiled. “Nah just last time I used a mac I got lost. You might have to show me just how to use it.”

Right away he made a face. “I can get you what you need. If you don’t want to use it.”

I put my hand on it and said, “No, I can manage really no need to change it out. The good thing about me is that I can learn.”

He smiled and was happy that I was so easy to satisfy and I wasn’t really picky either. I learned to adjust. It was going to be hard but my willingness to learn was my greatest strength. It's how it landed me where I was today.

Dan walked toward the couch and took a seat and I followed. He seemed friendly and gentle. I was a bag of nerves hoping I was at my best. He laid down all the rules and whatnot about this book he wanted done. I myself was listening and had raised some questions.

He looked at me innocently and wondered about me. “Ok everything seems good. I’ll write everything and we will have sessions about your life. Anything you want off record will remain so. And if I touch something that you don’t want. Just let me know. Oh and about photos. Will you be having a new shoot done cause fans love photos.”

He smiled. “Yeah sure, tell you what, I'll get a photographer I know and you’ll be in charge of the shoot. You can do the whole bit. Clothes and ways you want me to pose in.”

My eyes widened, he was going to pose for me. I turned red at that moment. He was my dream. How was I going to do this? He looked wonderful and I was just in fantasy land.

It was then that his girlfriend came around and I smiled at her. Dan saw Erin and flagged her down. “Erin, this is Marcie, the writer I am having to write my book.”

Erin was everything I imagined I had never met her so I really didn’t know what to expect. “Hello.” She greeted me and I shook her hand.

“Hi, it must be weird for you to have a stranger stay in your home. I promise to be the least trouble and stay out of sight if needed. Oh there’s something I wanted to speak about. As a couple, I know you guys are young and need your privacy. If you know what I mean. Can we use a code word or something when you want me to get lost for a couple of hours?” It was truly embarrassing but this was his home and I was just a guest.

Dan smiled. “No need. Our room is at the far end. I don’t think we are that loud. But yeah we will use a codeword when that occurs. There will be no need to leave.”

It was great to be able to talk to him and look at him. “Great, when do we start?”

He got up remembering something and brought a box with him. “This is for you.” I took the box and unwrapped it. It was a tape recorder. “For when we start, if you need anything repeated you can hear it on here.”

I smiled and nodded. “Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.”

Dan smiled. “No problem. Uh dinner and food. You can have whatever you want. My house is your house. I want you to feel comfortable. So please be at home.”

I had to ask but I looked at him. “Will there be a disclosure agreement?”

Dan had a folder. “This is everything legal. You will need to sign these but I will have my lawyer explain it all as you sign. Tomorrow we will do all the legal stuff for now just relax.”

I nodded and got up looking around. I went to the kitchen and went into the fridge looking at what there was. They had stuff I never ate. So I knew I needed to go food shopping. “Uh I am starving, I am going to go out and get something.”

Dan went to the fridge pulling out things. “We have a few things here. If you don’t want any of it. I can send for it. Just tell me what you would like.”

I imagined what I wanted. “A cheeseburger with fries and a diet pepsi”

Dan nodded. “All right. No problem.”

I was happy and content and he made me feel so relaxed. I really didn’t know what I was doing. But he seemed more generous than anyone I ever knew.

When dinner was brought over I took my meal and was heading to the bedroom. Dan looked at me kind of weird and spoke up. “You can eat here. I ain’t chasing you away.”

I came back and rested my food on the table. “Sorry I just thought you wanted privacy. I feel bad for staying here and I always dreamed of meeting you, but not knowing how to speak to you is even more difficult. You see I’ve had dreams of you. Not the real you, but my version of you and it feels pretty weird. I guess I should have thought about it first but since we are here. Can I ask you something?”

He looked at me and nodded. “I’m just an ordinary person like you.”

“That’s just it, you're not. You're more than that. And I have to say this before I lose my nerve. I love you. I don’t know you personally so I hope you let me in. I value your thoughts and opinions. So you can be straight with me and I’ll be straight with you. Friends?” I reached out my hand.

Dan took my hand. “Friends. Now let’s eat.”
This story archived at https://simplydanielradcliffe.com/fiction/viewstory.php?sid=282